المركز الاستكشافى للعلوم والتكنولوجيا فرع دكرنس
اهلا بكـ عزيزى الزائر نحن نرحب بكـ ولكن يسعدنا أن تكون واحد منا فتفضل بالتسجيل
اهلا بكـ عزيزى الزائر نحن نرحب بكـ ولكن يسعدنا أن تكون واحد منا فتفضل بالتسجيل
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الرئيسيةالبوابةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
مركز سوزان مبارك الإستكشافى للعلوم بدكرنس يرحب بكم
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
المواضيع الأخيرة
» مسابقة مركز سوزان مبارك الكبرى
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالإثنين يناير 17, 2011 4:32 pm من طرف Admin

» صورة مجهري لملاءة السرير بعد أن تنام عليها .انظر
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالأربعاء ديسمبر 29, 2010 11:36 am من طرف Mr Tarek

» أكبر موسوعة تعليمية لبرامج الحاسوب
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالإثنين ديسمبر 06, 2010 6:29 pm من طرف Admin

» عشرة طرق مؤكدة تجعل طفلك يحفظ القرآن
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالإثنين ديسمبر 06, 2010 6:17 pm من طرف Admin

» ما هو ويكليكس ؟
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالسبت ديسمبر 04, 2010 2:58 pm من طرف Admin

» وثائق ويكليكس: ردود فعل متباينة وواشنطن تعد بملاحقة المسؤولين عن التسريبات
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالسبت ديسمبر 04, 2010 2:56 pm من طرف Admin

» وصف الجنة - لن تصدق
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالخميس ديسمبر 02, 2010 5:00 pm من طرف Admin

» بالصورهجوم تماسيح بالاقصر على الاهالى والفنادق
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالخميس ديسمبر 02, 2010 4:51 pm من طرف Admin

» لاتضعوا الشاي .. بالقرب من الكمبيوتر
~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالخميس ديسمبر 02, 2010 4:31 pm من طرف Admin

~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~

اذهب الى الأسفل 
4 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Riham

عدد المساهمات : 8
تاريخ التسجيل : 01/09/2010
الموقع : مديرة مركز سوزان مبارك الاستكشافى للعلوم فرع دكرنس

~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 01, 2010 10:35 pm

[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]?

[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]

What’s a Warmer?
When planning a lesson particularly think about how you want it to start. A good beginning can set the tone of the lesson and get students alert and relaxed – the best condition for learning.
The first activity is often described as a ‘warmer’ – an activity that gets students thinking in English and awakens their brain cells, and hopefully makes them feel positive about the lesson.
Warmers can review language from previous classes or can introduce new topics, ideas and language items. They can also be freestanding and have little connection with what was done before or will be done later in the lesson. Warmers are often energetic and fun.

1. Fruits and vegetables:

Aims

· To practise simple personal questions: What’s your name? How old are you? Are you married? How many children do you have? What’s your job?

· To revise basic vocabulary.

· To break the ice and make students relax and enjoy using English

· To incorporate body language and intonation in the lesson

· To get students moving around the classroom and changing the dynamics away from a teacher-led activity

Procedures

· Ask students to write down the following words on a scrap of paper, keeping what they write secret form those around them

· Tell them to write:
1. the name of a fruit
2. the name of a vegetable
3. a number between 1 and 200
4. Ask them to write the answer to this question – Do you like football?
5. How many pencils and pens do you have?
6. What is the first thing you do every morning?

· Now tell them that these things are actually
1. their first name
2. their family name
3. their age
4. are they married?
5. how many children they have
6. their job

· Now they must get up and go around the class and ask the personal questions and share information about their new selves.

· Encourage them to shake hands (if appropriate) and make eye contact when meeting new people.

· If they don’t automatically use intonation appropriate for surprise etc, why not model it before the activity.e.g. How old are you? A hundred and fifty seven.Really!? (said with rising intonation and a long stretch of the word)

· This game ensures that students really listen to the answers of their questions as it is an information gap – they won’t know what the answers will be.

2. Riddles:

** Thanks to David in Penang for this activity

Aims

· To get students thinking.

· To have fun using English.

· To foster team work and stop children just calling out and attention-seeking. If they don’t confer about the answers, they could easily lose their chance to win. You might have to allocate a secretary / representative for each team to speak on their behalf.

Procedures

· Explain the game clearly.

· Divide the class into teams of up to 6 students in each.

· Write 6,5,4,3,2,1 on the board.

· As you read each clue to the riddles out, teams can guess what the answer is. If they are correct after one guess they score 6 points, after 2 guesses five points, etc...

· If a team gives the incorrect answer they cannot have another try.

I am not a bird, but I can fly.
I eat insects and fruit.
I’m dark.
I sleep upside down.
(bat)

I’m brown on the outside.
I’m white on the inside.
I’m hard and you can eat or drink me.
I’m hairy.
I grow in hot countries.
(coconut)

I’m yellow and round
I’m the same size as an apple
You can’t eat me
You hit me with a racquet
(tennis ball)

I’m usually made of paper
But in Australia I’m plastic
I can lots of colours
I have pictures and numbers on me
You use me to buy things
(bank-note)

Every country has one.
I have different colours.
I need wind to fly.
The British one is red, white and blue. (flag)

I’m a special day.
People buy each other presents.
I’m romantic.
I’m on February 14th. (Valentine’s Day)

I’m something you do every day.
I’m also an Olympic sport.
You use your legs to do this.
It’s slower than running.
(walking)

I’m something English people eat for breakfast.
I’m hot.
You can put butter and jam on me.
I’m cooked bread. (toast)

I’m a sport.
I’m usually done by men.
You need to be powerful and quick.
Muhammad Ali is the most famous man who has played this sport.
You wear shorts and gloves.
(boxing)

I’m a beautiful animal.
I’m found in Africa.
I have the first and last letters. of the alphabet in my name.
I’m like a horse.
I’m striped. (zebra)

· Students could prepare more of their own riddles for homework to be used in subsequent games.

3. Jokes – a silly dictation:

Aims

· Good with higher level students to allow processing of language.

· Encourage thinking skills as well as listening and writing.

· Laughter is great at helping to create a positive and energetic classroom mood.

Procedures

· Tell the students you have a cough today but you are still going to do a dictation. If they don’t hear words, they will just have to guess what you said.

· Read out a joke like the one below and dictate as usual but don’t read all the words – cough instead of saying certain words e.g. Eleven people were cough on a rope, under a helicopter, ten men and one cough.

· Students have to guess what the missing words are and write them in, either individually or in pairs.

· After checking whether they guessed correctly, they could discuss the joke and why/if they found it funny.

· They could also try telling jokes they know in their mother tongue in English.

THE JOKE:

- Eleven people are hanging on a rope, under a helicopter, ten men and one woman. The rope is not strong enough to carry them all, so they decide that one has to leave, because otherwise they are all going to fall. They are not able to name that person, until the woman makes a very touching speech. She says she will voluntarily let go of the rope, because as a woman she is used to giving up everything for her husband and kids, or for men in general, and is used to always making sacrifices with little in return. As soon as she finishes her speech, all the men started clapping their hands......

4. Lateral thinking
Aims

· To get students thinking.

· To allow for practice of question forms and a wide range of vocabulary.

· This activity does not have to be linked with any others.

Procedures

· Explain that you are going to read out something strange and the students have to work out what has happened.

· The students can ask questions about the situation and you can only respond with a yes/no/maybe.

· Read out one of the descriptions below and make sure that the students have understood.

· The first student to guess what has happened is the winner.

· You can allow students to work in pairs or threes or teams to discuss the situation and help each other.

Situations

1. A man is lying dead in a snowy field. There are no footprints to or from his body. The man has a pack on his back. How did he die?
2. When Harry comes home he finds Sarah is dead, lying in a pool of water and Tom is sitting quietly on the armchair. There is some broken glass on the floor. Tom won’t be charged with murder. Why not?
3. A woman lives on the 30th floor of a building. When she gets home from work, she usually takes the lift as far as the 21st floor and then climbs the stairs to the 30th. However when it’s raining, she’ll always take the lift to the 30th floor. What explains this strange behavior?
4. A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says 'Thank you' and walks out.
5. Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on the grass. Nobody put them on the grass but there is a perfectly logical reason why they should be there. What is it?
6. A woman had two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year. But they were not twins. How could this be so?
7. One day a man received a parcel in the post. Carefully packed inside was a human arm. He examined it, repacked it and then sent it on to another man. The second man also carefully examined the arm before taking it to the woods and burying it. Why did they do this?
8. A man rode into town on Friday. He stayed for three nights and then left on Friday. How come?
Answers:
1. He jumped out of a airplane with a parachute on his back that failed to open.
2. Sarah is a fish and Tom is a cat. Sarah was swimming in her bowl. Tom started playing with it and knocked it over.
3. She is a dwarf and cannot reach the top button unless she is carrying an umbrella.
4. The man had hiccups. The barman recognized this from his speech and drew the gun in order to give him a shock. It worked and cured the hiccups - so the man no longer needed the water.
5. They were used by children who made a snowman. The snow has now melted.
6. They were two of a set of triplets (or quadruplets etc.)
7. The three men had been stranded on a desert island. Desperate for food, they had agreed to amputate their left arms in order to eat them. They swore an oath that each would have his left arm cut off. One of them was a doctor and he cut the arms off his two companions. They were then rescued. But his oath was still binding so he later had to have his arm amputated and sent to his colleagues.
8. The man's horse was called Friday.

5. The Balloon Game
Aims

· To energise students and foster cooperation / team spirit.

· To channel energy positively.

· The sentences are chosen to either revise a language area like word order or to set a task or question for the students to focus on a new topic/language area.

Procedures

· for a class of 30 students get 6 balloons.

· cut up questions or sentences – taking into account their language level e.g. Peter has regularly played tennis on Wednesdays.If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?

· stuff the cut up bits of paper into each balloon (this is not difficult) and blow them up and tie them securely.

· explain the activity clearly to the students.

· divide class into 6 groups of 5 students.

· each groups chooses a runner.

· when the teacher says GO the runner runs up to their balloon, which is on the floor at the front of the classroom (with as much space made around it as possible).

· they must burst the balloon without using their hands or feet and pick up the pieces of paper inside.

· they return to their group and together must put the sentences(s)/ question(s) in the right order.

· the group who finishes first are the winners.

· if they have produced questions, the next step is to work together to answer then questions or discuss them.

6. Sherlock Holmes

Aims

· To get all students moving and involved in a success-oriented task.

· To practise reading simple questions, here ‘how many’.

· To encourage a dynamic pace.

· You can ensure that quick students get more challenging questions as you hand them out, to give everyone a chance to play the game.

Procedures

· Hand out strips of paper with directions like these:How many students are wearing black shoes today?
How many chairs are there in the classroom?
How many students are holding pencils?
How many posters are there on the classroom walls?

· Students wander around the classroom finding the answer to their question.

· As soon as they have their answer, they run to the board, write the question and answer and their name.

· If there are a lot of students and access to the board confined, students who have finished can sit down in their seats when they are finished and then read out their questions and answers in the order they finished at the end of the activity.

7. Noughts and Crosses

A

b

c

D

e

f

G

h

i

Aims

· to revise vocabulary from previous lessons in a fun, stress-free, game-like way

Procedures

· draw the grid above on the board.

· divide the class into 2 teams.

· teams take it in turns to nominate a square.

· teachers asks a question about vocabulary from the previous lesson(s).

· if they get the answer right, the team’s symbol goes into the square (usually X or O).

· if they get the answer wrong, the opposition team gets a chance to answer the question for an extra turn.

· the first team to have a line of correct answers in any direction is the winner.

· to make it easier for yourself – give the class 5-10 minutes at the start of the lesson to write their own questions for the opposition team.

Be very clear about the rules from the start and ensure that the students recognise that the teacher’s decision if final!

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
Admin
Admin
Admin

عدد المساهمات : 50
تاريخ التسجيل : 31/08/2010

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالخميس سبتمبر 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Very Good ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Icon_flower
https://smsecdkrns.3oloum.com
yassmina hassan

عدد المساهمات : 17
تاريخ التسجيل : 04/09/2010
العمر : 28

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالأحد سبتمبر 05, 2010 2:00 am

~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Excellent
dina hassan

dina hassan

عدد المساهمات : 11
تاريخ التسجيل : 06/09/2010
العمر : 26

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    ~Seven Hot Warmers for Teenagers~    Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 10, 2010 1:31 pm

THANK YOU

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
المركز الاستكشافى للعلوم والتكنولوجيا فرع دكرنس :: منتدى اللغة الإنجليزية-
انتقل الى: